In honor of ICLW, I am going to share a few things about myself. Well, more than a few, I'm going to share 10...
1. I love my husband, MBL. I truly believe that I got lucky and found the love of my life and it's all thanks to the internet! Yay online dating :).
2. I also love my dog, Jasper. I haven't really blogged about him much...or at all, but he is the best dog ever (okay, I might be biased). MBL and I got him over a year ago from our local hum.ane society. He is a beagle/hound mix. MBL was REALLY not interested in having a dog, but I whined and begged and got my way and now? I'm pretty sure MBL loves the dog more than I do!
3. I am one of five girls. People always find this interesting. I do not have any brothers and I am quite happy to just have sisters. People always say they feel sorry for my dad, but I don't! He needed to have girls so that he would soften up a bit.
4. In relation to the point above, when I was younger I always thought I wanted boys over girls because I was sick and tired of being around girls all the time. MBL and I now dream of having little girls, BUT obviously we will be happy with whatever we get! I had a dream a few weeks ago that we had a little boy and we named him Simeon. All I could say was, "He's such a little peanut!" I was pretty darn happy with our little boy, so I'm not worried.
5. This kind of goes along with the two above, but MBL and I also dream of having 4 kids. I have always wanted a big family and MBL would love a gaggle of kids as well...so hopefully we get to fulfill that dream!
6. I LOVE mexican food. I could eat it every day and be happy. Sometimes MBL and I make guacamole and just have that for dinner. SO GOOD! I *love* Chi.potle and I am glad the nearest one is a good 20 minute drive so that I'm not tempted to have it more that once or twice a month.
7. I am a foodie. I *love love LOVE* to cook and bake. The other week I had three days off in a row and I made a ton of food. I have to bake at least once a week or it feels like something is missing in my life. This week I made chocolate chip cookie bars and blueberry muffins. I give most of the sweet stuff away so that I'm not tempted to polish it all off myself, but I usually let myself have a taste (or two)!
8. I love the warm weather. I live in a place that snows on average 72 inches a year. The year MBL and I got married it snowed 115 inches. The following February there was only 2 hours of sunlight for 21 days. I can't believe I survived! It is definitely in our long term plans to move.
9. Our number one girl name is June. Our number two is Amelia, but we would call her Millie. Right now the boys names I like are Reilly and Owen. Let's hope we are able to put those names to good use come May 2011!
10. I grew up in Chicago. My parents still live in the area and I just LOVE the city. And although it is definitely just as cold as it is here in the winter, I would love living on the same block as my parents. I wish they lived closer than 3 hours away!!
Well, that's just a little bit about myself! Check back tomorrow for an update on how things are developing for our IVF cycle!