Thursday, January 5, 2012

back in the game

Apparently last month was a "trial run" for my body. I didn't ovulate until day 23 of my cycle and then AF came 8 days later. The only good part of this is that I was able to get in for repeat day 3 bloodwork and find out if my fertility really is going down the toilet. I got up really early to get to the lab so that they would have the results the same day, but that didn't work as planned. They were able to do same day results, but then the doc's office never called with them :(. The next day, I decided that I wasn't going to be able to make it through work with all the butterflies in my stomach! After much debate, I decided to call them on my lunch break. And it was good news (so far)! My AMH results won't be back until late next week, but they had my FSH, LH, and E2 levels. My FSH was 7.4, LH was 13, and E2 was 12. I mentioned my low antral count and she said 11 wasn't that bad. And my other levels suggest that our situation isn't as urgent as we were thinking (as in, we don't need to rush back to the doc next month).

That being said, we are still planning on trying until April/May(ish) and then moving on to IVF. HOWEVER, with the early arrival of AF (after my late ovulation), we are in a bit of an odd situation this month. I usually ovulate between days 14-17 and this month that would mean the week of the 15th. The major problem??? MBL is out of town that ENTIRE week. Saturday to Friday... cycle days 13-19. Awesome. We tried to get a frozen sp.erm IUI scheduled at our old clinic, but they said we needed to see the doctor first. Crap. We got an appointment scheduled for next Friday at 10:45 and I managed to get a clo.mid script from my OB, so we're hoping that we can get an ultrasound to see how big my follie is after our appointment and proceed with either a fresh IUI on Saturday (CD 13) or a frozen IUI on Monday (CD 15). Or, I will have taken clo.mid for no good reason at all :).

On Tuesday, I was feeling quite worried about all of this, but today I'm feeling at peace. I was fairly certain my FSH was going to be 40 and now that I know it's not, I'm not quite as panicky. Hopefully I don't get a rude surprise next week when my AMH results come in.

(oh, and I totally realize that I said we were skipping IUIs this time around, but apparently I am going to have to eat my words ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment