Friday, October 15, 2010

busy bee!

That's me! You see three years ago when I was fresh out of college, I decided to jump straight into my Master's. The program I chose usually takes nearly 3 years. Well, I had somewhat of a young-twenties crisis after my first year in the program and took some time off. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to stay where I was living for two more years and since I could only transfer up to 18 credits, I had to step back and think about the long term. I decided to stay (and good thing since it allowed me to meet MBL), but because some of the classes are only offered once a year, I had to push back my graduation date. So, instead of graduating this past May, I will be graduating next May. But before I can do that? I have to finish a 700 hour internship. In order to graduate on time, I need to put in at least 24 hours/week at my internship, but some weeks I will have to put in a little more than that (because I am interning at a school and they are closed for 3 weeks due to christmas/spring breaks). On top of that, I have to continue working at my job. Which means that when I am doing the absolute minimum, I have to put in 44 hours between my job/intership. I'm only two months in and already I am exhausted. I have dust balls the size of our beagle (only a slight exaggeration there). I am trying not to complain too much about it, but I do wish I wasn't working on top of my internship. But, since making babies doesn't come for free in our house, I will do what I gotta do.

But, seriously? I am counting down to May 14! No, that's not my due date, that's my graduation date!! I just have to persevere until then! (oh, and the cherry on top is that my due date is 9 days later, so if all continues to go well, I will be a big ole preggo in my graduation pictures).

2 comments:

  1. How cool! If my IVF in January is successful I will Graduate in August, then have the baby in September! It would be a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 will be a year of accomplishments. Congratulations on all your hard work, and try to take a little bit of time out for yourself somewhere along the way.

    ReplyDelete