Friday, November 12, 2010

a little of this, a little of that

This post will likely be all over the place. I was composing it in my head during my walk yesterday. I will put it in number/list form to make it easier to read.

1. I LOVE Christmas. Seriously, it's my favorite time of year. As a matter of fact, MBL and I got married on December 27th so that we could use Christmas colors in our wedding. We are going to decorate the house this weekend as it is our only chance between now and the second weekend in December. But, truthfully, I would have decorated the day after Halloween if I hadn't been working. I put a Christmas CD in my car today and I'm really getting into the holiday spirit. Yay Christmas and Thanksgiving!!

2. After having two really bad days/evenings of feeling sick out of my mind, I woke up this morning feeling awesome. I'm really hoping that this is the start of feeling better...at least as far as the nausea is concerned.

3. I'll be out of the first trimester on Monday and I'm still avoiding telling people. The people who know are: two nurses at work, four IRL friends, two of my sisters, and our parents. Oh, and random strangers. That's about it. I have had dinner/lunch with several friends and I just can't seem to spit it out. I also am avoiding telling the people I work with directly at work and my graduate school classmates that I see every week. Part of me thinks it would be funny if I waited until I was 100% showing and then let people figure it out on their own. Although, my uterus has definitely popped over the past few days and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hide my "bump". We are telling my grandparents, MBL's sister, and my other two sisters at Thanksgiving, so I'll probably start letting word leak out after that. I'm still in denial that things are going to continue to progress, but it's highly likely that they will, so I suppose I should let people know our little "secret".

4. I read some comments to an article the other day that really got my blood boiling. The article was talking about how people struggling with infertility can find pregnancy announcements on face.book painful to read. I can definitely relate to that, as excited as I was for my family/friends, it was still hard to read them when I kept getting BFN after BFN. What absolutely shocked me were the comments left by some of the readers. Some of the commenters had the gall to say that those suffering from infertility shouldn't feel sad about those announcements and if they did, then they were too self-centered to have children anyways. REALLY? Ugh. The comments there stirred up all of my IF emotions all over again. I so wish people understood how hard it is better.

5. I wish I didn't work weekends. I'm a day and a half into my three day weekend and it is going by way too fast! I spent yesterday shopping and last evening and this morning at a craft show. We have so much to do and so little time to do it! I'm thankful for my job, but I'm really looking forward to the day when I do not have to work every other weekend.

5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite time of the year too! I would start decorating in October, but Jeff absolutely will NOT let me put anything up until the day after Thanksgiving. Luckily, he has no control over when I decorate my classroom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too open about our treatments to hide it. Plus, I have been too sick to hide it, LOL. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also SO ready for Christmas. Although that means that it will be January soon and that means 2 months away from my due date! WOAH!

    I can also relate about not wanting to spill the beans at first. I'm over half way and WAY past any risky stage and just saw a perfectly healthy little boy... and I STILL feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. :-) I think we will always feel this way... but you ARE pregnant and have every reason to believe this is going to continue!! People will be THRILLED to celebrate with you!!

    Woo Hoo for 2nd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We understand how hard this all is.

    I love winter too - the gingerbread houses and the puddings and the snow. It's just magical.

    Are you going to make a facebook announcement? What are you going to say?

    So glad that everything is going perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Christmas too - DH makes me wait until after Thanksgiving before we can set up but I make sure it's right after!

    I think some people just won't get the pain and hurt of TTTC or IF unless they've been there. They think they're saying the right thing but they're so off base they'll never know

    ReplyDelete