Sunday, December 8, 2013
I know we still have 23 days left in 2013, but I've been thinking a lot about 2014. There are areas in my life I'd like to improve and changes I'd like to make. 2013 has been a good year. When the year started, MBL had just started a new job and I was deep in the throes of pregnancy. In May we were able to welcome healthy baby #2 into our lives and that has been incredible. Seriously, Finn is such a scrumptious, roly poly boy. Here is proof of that:
I always tell people that Finn is how people become the Dug.gars. He's snuggly and sweet and so smiley! And he is such a momma's boy. Seriously, he totally prefers me to anybody else and I completely love it :). And seeing Piper with him just brings me so much joy.
But, onto 2014. I have a lot of hopes for the new year. No, I don't have a ton of resolutions all about how I'm going to lose 20lbs and fit into a size 4. I don't want to solve the world's problems (although that'd be nice). I'd just like to make some improvements in my life, simple things that lots of people I know do well. So, here's my list:
1. I'd like to start getting up earlier in the morning. Right now, Finn gets up around 5-6:00am and I end up going back to bed until he or Piper gets up around 8:30-9. Part of it is because I stay up late (11pm or later) and part of it is because that middle of the night wake up is just exhausting. I haven't gotten more than 5 hours of sleep in a row since August. First comes first, I need to fully sleep train Finn so that I can start focusing on this!
2. As much as I pride myself on NOT being Type A, I tend to be jealous of those that are. We have piles of clothes and boxes from when we moved back in September. During my last 2 months of pregnancy with Finn I got a taste of what it must be like to be Type A and it felt really good to be so on top of things and so organized. I basically staged and organized and helped sell our condo all by myself (while working full time and taking care of a 1 year old by myself). I'd be happy to just get everything organized and do a better job at staying on top of the "projects" in our house.
3. I'd like to run (and/or walk) 1,000 miles. I made it my goal to run/walk 800 miles in 2013 and I'm less than 58 miles away from that goal. And given that I was pregnant/post-partum for a good part of the year, I feel confident that I can tag on 200 more miles and be able to actually complete it. Making a yearly mileage goal helps keep me on track when I have nothing to train for. It helps keep me in shape.
4. I'd like to be intentional with the time I have with my kids. I know lots of women who have struggled with infertility and several, thus far, have been unable to give their kids a sibling. I look at my TWO wonderful children and my heart is in awe. I felt lucky when we were able to get Piper, but I always knew I wouldn't be satisfied with just one. When we got pregnant with Finn, I was over the moon. Actually, I was terrified and then over the moon. I hope that feeling is able to pervade my every day and remind me just how freakin' lucky I am. And I want to spend these days on the floor playing and laughing and fully enjoying them!
5. I'm a selfish, selfish girl, but in 2014 I'm committed to getting pregnant again. COMMITTED. I am in the process of weaning Finn and we have an appointment set up with the Fertility Doc for the first week in January. I haven't been ready to seriously TTC another baby until the last few days, but now I am all in. I want #3. So, whether I get pregnant in March or in December, I want to have a baby put in my belly in 2014 (how's that for a visual :). But, seriously, I want to give my kids at least one more sibling. Hopefully my AMH has stayed stable and my FSH hasn't gone to crap. I'm actually really looking forward to having these results so that we know our reality.
So, that's the start of my "to do" for 2014. My goals. What are your goals for the new year?
Are there any areas of your life where you'd like to see improvement?
Anyone else out there hoping to get pregnant in 2014 or work towards completing your family?
Do you make goals for the new year?